Thursday, September 20, 2007

Discuss whether you think mixed marriages are good or bad. If you were going to do research on mixed marriages, what factors would you investigate?

There is a true stroy about mixed marriage in my big family. My second aunt, old sister of my father, married to a Japanese around thrity years ago. In my childhood, I always remember everytime when she came bake to Taiwan to see my grandparent. She always brought the most popular toys in japan to us. My cousin and I are so glad that we had a mixed marriage in our big family. Because it is not so many opportunities to have a mixed marriage in that time in taiwan. In traditional society, older parent will help their daughter to decide whom will marry to. Therefore, it is not so easy to have a free choice to my aunt whom can choose who she loves independently. And I think another reason is due to my grantparent have a open-minded heart. They allowed their children to decide their most important decision in the lifetime, and to choose your love in the world.

In my personal view, having a mixed marriage is good. Beacuse you can have a chance to become very familiar to another country's customs, cultures, and open your minded in different way. The world is too big to understand. It is a good way to understand other country's culture through mixed marriages. The chance for me to have a mixed marriage is hard to calculate, if someday I just have a chance to meet someone that I really like and fall in love with her. In the end, I will choose to have a mixed marriage without a doubt.

No comments: